Each one-day Symposium is hosted in a school or other educational institution, inviting up to 10 local schools to participate.
The target ages are between 11 –14 years old, with approximately 200 students taking part.
The event consists of high impact presentations from, and discussions with guest speakers on the Agenda 2030 and climate negotiations in and beyond Paris; individual & community action and practical activities/workshops.
Local sustainable companies and organisations are invited to showcase their initiatives and engage with all students, teachers and parents from the host school, as well as all schools taking part in the Symposium itself.
- H.E. Guisell Morales-Echaverry, the Nicaraguan Ambassador to the UK
- H.E. Dr. Yasin Al Khayyat, Minister of Environment for Jordan
- Adrian Hayes, Polar Explorer and World Record Holder
- Tara Golshan, Director of Education for Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots
- Ann Finlayson, Chair of SEEd.